Friday, May 4, 2012

What's this about the zombie apocalypse?

With all this recent talk on social media sites, like Facebook, about the zombie apocalypse, talking about what you would do and where you would go, you can't help better "What would I do?" "Where would I go?" For me it all comes down to five questions.

1. Where would I go and why?
2. How would I arm myself? What weapon would I use?
3. How am I going to get supplies?
4. Am I going to try and survive alone or in a group?
5. Am I ready for Z-Day?

My answers are as follows:
1. I would attempt to gain access to a distribution center (DC) for Walmart or Kroger or some other big name store that sells groceries. Think about, I'm where they keep all of the supplies that go off to their many stores in the region. One person alone could survive at a DC for well over a year or two. Afterwards I would try to make contact with FEMA or the CDC as they will likely be the ones handling the containment of zombies.

2. I would arm myself with a Colt M4A1 Assualt rifle with a silencer, grenade launcher, 100 round magazine, ACOG sight (Advanced Combat Opitical Gunsight). For my sidearm I would have a Beretta M9 9mm Handgun and for a melee weapon I would keep an Army KA-Bar handy.

3. I've answered this in my answer to question one.

4. At first I wouldn't trust anyone, for obvious reasons, but eventually I might ask for the help of people but I would only travel with 2, maybe 3 other people.

5. I'd like to think so. Maybe not right now, but given time to prepare, I think I'd make it.

Let us know your answers to these questions to blog, this always an interesting topic to discuss and we'd love to read your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment